World War 2 Facts
World War 2 was fought mainly for power. Every country involved in the war wanted to be a superpower and no one succeeded in the end. Here are some gory and factual details of World War 2.
World War 2 Facts:
- The German serviceman, who was killed in World War 2, was actually killed by the Japanese.
- The Russians killed the first soldier from America.
- Most People who belonged to the 21 to 23 years age group died during World War 2. Nearly 80 percent of the young men were killed in Europe.
- During World War 2, the highest ranking general, General Lesley McNair, was actually killed by the American Air Corps.
- The ratio of the number of men hurt was three to four times higher than the number of men that were killed in the war.
- Nearly twelve thousand bombers were shot in the World War 2 resulting in a huge loss.
- Thousands of tons of bombs were dropped during 1939 to 1945.
- More than 100,000 bombers were killed during the war in Europe.
- The youngest person to have fought in World War 2 was from the United States and he was all of twelve years.
- More than forty thousand people who left on boats during World War 2 and were fleeing to safety never returned. They all died.
- More lives in the US Air Corps were lost compared to the losses suffered by the US Marine Corps.
- Also the most surprising fact was that Germany declared war on only one country so far and that was the United States. The Germans have never gone to war with anyone in their violent history.
More Articles :